For creating custom CSS Styles, you will be required to use a technique known as ZMI through-the-web customization.
Steps to create custom CSS Styles :
- First login with Site Administrator privileges
- Get to ZMI at http://yourcyninsite/manage
- Now find portal_skins and Click on it. You'll get a biggish page - you want to find ubify_custom_styles and click that.
- Here you will find all the CSS files that cynin uses. The file that you need to override is banners.css. Click it and go inside.
- It will open in read only mode. Click the customize button. It will ask you where you want to place it. Don't change anything, just submit. Your customized banners css will now open for editing, you can maintain this by yourself from that point on.
- Bookmark this URL from the breadcrumb, not the address bar, the page is usually in an iframe. You can use the bookmark to directly land inside edit any time you want.
- This customized file will be maintained even when we upgrade with newer versions of cynin.
- If you find yourself using the same style repeatedly, there *is* a way to directly add it to your kupu styles dropdown, it will be available to all content authors though.
- Editing what's already there in the file and adding new selectors,
classes is easy, but you should take care to *not* override any cynin
CSS that is not already present in bannners.css.dtml - this file is
loaded last and all overrides will work but cyn.in UI css is complex
and you may end up breaking the UI if you're not careful.
- Changes in this file will not appear immediately, when you try to use
it. Go to portal_css at /manage and turn on debug mode and hit
the save button at the bottom of the page. Remember to turn off debug
mode when you're done - it reduces perfomance a bit when debug is on.
- Do not override by clicking on customize on any other file - doing
that will block your upgrade path for future versions of cynin.
- You must already be using Firefox+Firebug, right? :)