cyn.in v2 is here!
The waiting is over, we've released the cyn.in v2 update. This is officially version 2.0.4 and we're now working on the next release (2.0.5) which will be a finalization release for this release stream.
- Revised Space workflow and permissions (as per this wiki article)
- The new cyn.in design theme and improved colors, styling across the product
- Mindmaps - on a Space's home view and the site home
- Advanced Views & Timeline View - Check out the views link on the Site home mindmap. This is the timeline view.
- Rich editor styles - Check out the styles drop down in the rich editor and sample all the new styles (especially the Notice styles). This can be used to create wiki pages that have styles as shown in the Sample Styles Wiki page.
- Click-to-edit has been disabled. You will no longer be able to click on the text of any item you're viewing to edit it, in place. Instead, you have to now click the edit button in the content view tabs, above. This was done as a product design decision to increase usability of the product.
- Styling of all screens is not completely finished yet, this is planned and underway for finalization release (2.0.5).
- 4 step Reviewed workflow for Spaces content
- has been upgraded to the latest release.
- Spaces with no data have been removed
- Space permissions have been adjusted as appropriate using Sharing tab
All Trial sites
- that were on the 1.3.x release have been upgraded to the latest release (2.0.4)
- Remember to check space permissions on your trial sites and adjust in the space tab accordingly.
When you add a new space, remember to add yourself as Contributor in the sharing tab.
When you add a new space, remember to add members in the sharing tab.
April Week 5 Actual Release (v1.3.2)
|Start Date:||22 April 2008||22 April 2008|
|Release Date:||28 April 2008||28 April 2008|
|Duration:||5 working days||5 working days|
Completed Goals :
- Improve current Applications (Partial -> Calendar views and functionality have been completed)
Key Features & Improvements:
- New Applications:
- Folder, Space now only allows applications to be added not end application items (You can't add a Wiki Page to a Space anymore, for example)
- Calendar application encompasses Event type and provides new views
- Generic Container provides functionality for adding any kind of item
- File Repository is a new container for holding files.
- Improve navigation and UI usability - in svn is an All Spaces menu, this missed the release bus but will be present in the next release.
- Provide notifications for events - Email notifications
are now sent to users whenever items are added, modified or undergo
workflow state modification.
All Enhancements & Fixes:
- New / Enhancements
- All Spaces navigation - incomplete, will be submitted in next release.
- Provide remaining Application folders (only containers, no custom views):
- Calendar - complete
- File Repository - complete
- Generic Container - complete
the existing Folder application to allow addition of only Applications,
current Folder functionality will be available in Generic Container - complete
- Provide Email Notifications for common events - complete
- Icons for top tabs, and new applications, etc. - complete
- Fixes / Verification
- Verify working automated Data backup solution & data preservation by upgrading existing intranet deployment - complete
- Fix permissions related issues on earlier release - complete
- Kupu toolbar buttons customization - not done. Moved to next release